Frequently Asked Questions & Forms

Have a question for us? Take a look at the list of FAQs below for quick answers to the questions we hear the most, as well as frequently used forms.


DRS is a service that allows registered securities to be held and transferred electronically without having a physical security certificate issued. This form of ownership permits securityholders to transfer and deposit securities more easily. The infographic (linked below) provides additional information about DRS Statements. 

If you are a registered securityholder, the easiest way to change your address is by registering for Odyssey’s online tools. Register for online access through the Login link above and selecting the Securityholders login option.

Alternatively, you can complete an Account Update Form (linked below) and submit the form by visiting and selecting “I am a shareholder or the holder of other Securities (ex: warrantholder)”, then selecting “Update my mailing or email address or other account information”.

You may also fax the form to the number on the Account Update form. 

Our team can assist you with this. Simply click here and select the option to “Request a Medallion Guarantee Appointment”.

A medallion guarantee may also be obtained from a broker-dealer, some Canadian banks and most US banks, a clearing agency, savings association, or other financial institution that participates in a recognized Medallion program such as STAMP, SEMP or MSP.

There is a searchable database of STAMP participants available for the US, Canada, UK, Bahamas:

Online – US residents only: 

The following are some potential medallion service providers outside of Canada:

United Kingdom:


Please complete the linked below Account Update Form (registered securityholders only) and deliver following the instructions thereon.

If the signature(s) of the authorized signing officer(s) are not guaranteed by a member of a recognized Medallion Guarantee Program, and instead a Signature Guarantee from BNS, RBC or TD Bank has been obtained, then we will require a Corporate Resolution (linked below), Resolution of Sole Director/Officer or in the case of a Partnership, a certified copy of the Partnership Agreement. If it is registered in the name of a trust without a defined trustee, please contact our office for additional instructions.

The Presenter Transfer Fee Schedule is linked below.

To pay your invoice, please go to and under “I am”, choose “Paying an Invoice”. Please enter the invoice number from the attached invoice to ensure your payment is applied to the correct invoice. Then click on the “Pay with Stripe” button to securely provide your credit card information.

Complete the Securities Transfer Form (linked below) in full following the instructions noted thereon regarding a Signature Guarantee from a recognized Medallion program or acceptable Canadian Schedule I bank (BNS, TD or RBC only), and provide supporting documents. Note: Odyssey can assist you with obtaining a medallion guarantee. Simply click here and select the option to “Request a Medallion Guarantee Appointment”.

Next, submit all required documents to us with the relevant DRS statement or original securities certificate.  Please be aware, regular signature guarantee stamps are not accepted from the brokerage divisions of the banks noted above (e.g Scotia Capital Inc, TD Securities or RBC Dominion).  These firms must provide a medallion guarantee.

Provide your DRS statement to your brokerage firm or other financial institution that houses your account, and then their back-office will process the transfer/deposit. 

Complete the DRS Transaction Request Form (linked below) and submit with the original securities certificate(s). We will mail or securely email your DRS statement to you.

We are required by the Canada Revenue Agency (“CRA”) to determine with greater certainty that as a non-resident of Canada, you, as the recipient of dividend, distribution or interest income, are the beneficial owner of the securities for which the payment is being made, and that you are a resident of a country with a reduced treaty rate for non-resident withholding tax. Without an NR form on file, the default non-resident withholding tax rate of 25% will be withheld and remitted to the CRA on any future payment. Once received by us, the NR3 Declaration will remain valid for a period of three years. Individuals, joint tenants and individual trustees/trusts must complete NR301, partnerships must complete NR302 and Corporations and all other Entities must complete NR301 or NR303 as applicable.

Complete the Securities Transfer Form (linked below) in full. If you are able to obtain a signature guarantee from a recognized Medallion program, we do not require any supporting documents because the Medallion guarantee certifies that you have the authority to sign. If you obtain a signature guarantee from BNS, RBC or TD, we will require notarial certified copies of the Letters of Administration or Probate and fully completed Declaration of Transmission (linked below). In the case of an estate that is not probated, the Last Will & Testament, an affidavit certifying that it is the Last Known Will & Testament and a Declaration of Transmission completed in full will also be required.  If the Issuer is public, we will require a Waiver of Probate Bond.  Please contact us directly for further information.